The Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and INSPIRE Regulations give you rights to access official information. This does not grant you access to your own data/information, this must be accessed via a Subject Access Request (see below).
Freedom of Information Act
Under the Freedom of Information Act you have a right to request any recorded information held by The Beckmead Trust. For more information regarding the Freedom of Information Act please visit the ICO’s website.
Before you request information
- search our website for the information
- check other websites/source where we or the Department of Education publish more information such as, https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk or https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics
Making your request
When sending us a request you should:
- be specific about the information you want, providing a time frame if you can
- let us know how you’d like to receive the information (by post, email, or in person)
- provide contact details in case we need to discuss the request with you
If your request is for information that falls within one of the Act’s exemptions we will tell you which one and, in most cases, why the information can’t be given.
Subject Access Requests
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you the “right to access” otherwise known as a “Subject Access Request”. This allows you or an individual acting on your behalf to request information we hold about you. More information can be found on the ICO’s website.
Making your request
When sending a request, you should contact the appropriate email address below and we will tell you what information you need to provide. This will allow us to verify your identity and will assist us in locating any information you require.
If you have decided to make a Subject Access Request or Freedom of Information request please submit your request including any documentation and/or proformas to: