Flagship School: Our Vision
“The Flagship School provides a safe and stimulating learning environment in which young people are offered a fresh start every day and empowered to achieve and fulfil their true potential.”
At The Flagship School we aim to:
- provide opportunities that compensate for earlier missed experiences
- enable young people to distinguish right from wrong
- support young people in learning to manage their own behaviour
- support the growth of positive self-esteem and self-image
- enable young people to develop the skills for positive social interaction
- empower young people to enjoy and participate in their own education
- provide a safe, secure learning environment
- help young people to achieve their true potential
- help young people to understand how to lead a healthy life and keep themselves safe
- equip young people with the skills to understand and take advantage of ever-changing modern technologies
- prepare young people for the next stage of education, training or employment
- support young people in understanding the importance of issues of global citizenship
- prepare young people for success in adult life, understanding and embracing British values
- empower young people to invest in their own future development and that of the school and local community
- High expectations of all pupils;
- At Key Stage 2 and 3, a robust approach to English, maths and science will be delivered alongside cross curriculum termly or half termly projects.
- At Key Stage 4, pupils will study five core subjects, including English, maths, science or ICT to enable pupils to achieve their best results.
- Therapeutic interventions, integrated and embedded throughout all aspects of the school's life to enable pupils to develop core social, emotional, communication and relationship skills.
- A range of enrichment activities, outdoor and contextual learning and focus on life skills work for all pupils.
- Active partnership working with parents and carers.